Country Research Project
Research a country of your choice using the 5 Themes of Geography. You may not pick a country in North America (Canada, USA, Mexico)
Step 1: Pick a country for your project. You may not choose Mexico, Canada, or the U.S. How do I pick?
- Check out a map. Use the following link: http://world-political-map.com/
- Research fun countries to visit. Google search: Best countries to visit; exotic countries to visit; top countries to visit....
- Follow a line of latitude that has a climate you like. What other countries are there? Do you want tropical beaches, beautiful mountains, large, worldly cities..?
- write the name of your country on the research handout
Step 2: Fill out the 5 themes research handout provided by instructor. Use the following link to find your facts for each theme. You may also do a google search to help you.
The World Fact Book: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- pick the region your country is in on map at right. Then click on the country name to get information to help answer your questions.
- Also try a google search of your country name + geography (syria geography)
Country Reports: http://www.countryreports.org/
- Select a country from map on left side of screen
Encyclopedia Britannica: http://www.britannica.com/
Step 3: Additional Info: write in your journal
Research on google the following topics for your country:
- Major attractions in... (your country name)
- Tourism in...(your country name)
- Current issues in...(your country name)
- Fun facts about...(your country name)
Step 4: Create a google slide show for your information.| sample |
- Title Slide with picture + Text (name of your country + created by: Your Name)
- One slide for each theme
- 1 slide for additional info (step 3).
- picture for each slide - find images that represent your themes! Click on image for large view. Rt click on image to copy. Paste into your slides
- Use bullets. Paraphrase (Try for 6 words per bullet)
- Don't make images your entire background. It's too busy.
- Do not enlarge images; it makes them pixelated (blurry). You can only reduce the size.
- When reducing size of an image, hold shift while dragging from corner. Do not stretch wide or tall. Hold shift!
- Avoid distracting animation and sounds. Keep it simple and consistent (the same for each slide).
- Title Slide (photo + name of your country, your first and last name, period #)
- 5 theme slides (1 for each theme - name of theme + pic + 3 researched facts that fit theme.
- Additional Info Slide (step 3), title + pic + info
- Extra pics (only if you have time or want to) :)
Turn in your Slideshow
- Join google classroom for your class.
- Turn in your assignment through google classroom